Thank you for stopping by my blog.

I write day after day because I discover extraordinary lessons from ordinary life experiences. I record my visual portraits of everyday life filled with something sacred in hopes that my reflections might bring an insight that blesses my readers.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Adjusting to Change










The two reasons I am moving.
Ouch, sniff, sniff, breathe, pray more, more and more.  These are the windows into my emotions as I am looking for a new home in Fort Wayne, the second largest city in Indiana.  There are many homes but few near the children.  Most homes are two stories.  I know that would be fine now, but in ten years I might regret that decision.

Who would think finding a small ranch home on which Denny and I could agree would be this difficult?  He likes neat and clean.  I like artsy and designed.  Other than that we are doing pretty well.  We don’t want a big yard, but, of course, I need a few flowers and hostas.  We are looking for little maintenance and upkeep.  Each chapter of life brings new changes, unsolicited problems, and decisions.  I think that God designs our life path in that way , so we lean on Him more. 

I am already missing my neighbor, my writing buddies, my painting teacher and our classes.  I tell myself maybe God will place me where someone needs Him, and I could be that vessel He would choose to use.  I have always consoled myself with the message that I am God’s and He designed me to be used by Him .  That doesn’t make change any easier, just understandable.

The little girls crawled in bed with me this morning with favorite books.  We read and giggled and Ava reminded me I am an artist and that is why she chose these books for my morning awakening.  Ellie says, “Mimi , don’t look for a house, just bring yours from Muncie.”  Ava replies, “Our yard isn’t big enough.”

Oh how simple a three year old sees life.  She keeps me smiling through my adjustment tears.   The window of “little girls” is small, and I want to be here for recitals, temper tantrums, giggles, and Franky Zoo walks.  I want to teach them the power of the love of God and His presence each day in their lives.

I know finding a house will help me think through what furniture I can bring, how many dishes I really need, and what antiques need to be sold.  The collections of forty years bring me to my knees.  I look at each collection: bears, Celtic china and crystal, books, CD’s , craft supplies, oils, water colors, canvases, antiques , and friends, and realize a truth.  None are hard to leave in Muncie, except my friends.  I know I am an hour and fifteen minutes away, but I am realistic to know that I will be doing more babysitting and dance and soccer watching.  I know I will return, but it will be different.  Thank you for listening and understanding that writing is the way I process my life journey.  Thank you for your advice and understanding of my mutterings.  Most of all, please  keep me covered in your prayers.




No comments:

Post a Comment