Thank you for stopping by my blog.

I write day after day because I discover extraordinary lessons from ordinary life experiences. I record my visual portraits of everyday life filled with something sacred in hopes that my reflections might bring an insight that blesses my readers.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Reflections

Reflections

Ten things I learned from living in 2014.






 “Mostly it is loss which teaches us about the worth of things.” 
- Arthur Schopenhauer

 Things I’ve Learned in 2014


    1.   Be grateful for good health. Kidney stone and gall bladder surgery stole a lot of my “good” months for exercise and fun. Now, I have blown the meniscus on both sides of my knee.  I am grateful that all these things can be fixed.

 2.   Give hugs and affirmations to those around you. In one breath, they can be on their eternal journey. We lost two dear relatives and a neighbor this year.

3.   Pray often. Prayer sustains. Prayer heals. Prayer comforts. Prayer gives me a conversation with God when no one else cares to listen.

4.    Beware of wolves in sheep’s clothing, which lie and plot to take your money and give you nothing in return.  Do not buy a time-share ever; especially at Stormy Point in Branson.

5.     Forgive and pray for those who hurt you. Yep, I was devastated the first two days after we were scammed, but on the third day, I began to intercede for their souls.  Strange how giving it to Jesus, made my life return to order and peace.

6.     You’ll see whatever you are looking for. In pain, despair, or joy, I was looking for Jesus ,and He always showed up.  I was looking for love and found it as I extended it to my mate, my children, my grand children, and strangers too.

7.    Dinners shared make us all happy. Whether sharing a beach picnic, porch party, or a simple bowl of beans with my love of 48 years, having others to eat with make a simple dinner special.

8.    Nothing brings more pleasure than creating. Oil paint, turpentine, brushes,and canvas create the opportunity to share my soul in pictures.

9.    Breathe deeply. Be where my feet are planted. Live each day well and whether it was filled with trials, misunderstandings, frills, or silliness, cherish its worth and lessons given.

10.  Learn from our feathered friends. Sit and observe, wait your turn, defend your territory, and be blessed when strangers care for you.








No comments:

Post a Comment