Thank you for stopping by my blog.

I write day after day because I discover extraordinary lessons from ordinary life experiences. I record my visual portraits of everyday life filled with something sacred in hopes that my reflections might bring an insight that blesses my readers.

Friday, September 19, 2014


Turning weaknesses into strengths




Effective design occurs when negative and positive spaces are in harmony. (Joseph Gyurcsak)

       My morning ponderings and meditations have been centered on how I can use my weaknesses to become my strength. I recently had surgery and it was painful and forced me to slow down. I wanted to maintain my normal energy and creative projects right away. Well, that couldn’t happen, but through my weakness, I was given new inspirations and truths. 
       I watched my friend’s daughter learning to walk. The mother meticulously taped each step and shared the child’s progress on face book. It reminded me of my sons when they learned to take their first steps.  There was a lot of falling on their bottoms, pushing up, reaching out to my extended arms, and focusing on me.  When they focused on me, they didn’t stumble or plop down. They were encouraged and their weakness became their strength. Those heavy heads began to balance and those wobbly legs moved in harmony. They each became more confident and less afraid.  They trusted me and moved toward me. If they lost their focus, they would stumble and fall. 
       That vision stayed with me all week.  Aren’t we always taking first steps, again and again? When my eyes are fixed on Jesus, I can go forward. My weakness becomes my strength because I learn to trust Him, keep my eyes on Him, and allow His gentle words to coax me, encourage me, and remind me how much He loves me. His outstretched arms draw me into new truth, new understanding, and balance my weaknesses of unbelief, misunderstanding, and human faults. The scripture in 2 Corinthians 12:9 reminds me:“ My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” Through Him, all days are filled with balance and harmony because my fears,doubts, and insecurities are reduced when I focus on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment