Thank you for stopping by my blog.

I write day after day because I discover extraordinary lessons from ordinary life experiences. I record my visual portraits of everyday life filled with something sacred in hopes that my reflections might bring an insight that blesses my readers.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Joy in the Morning

Joy in the Morning and Understanding For the Day

What generates hope and joy?  In my life, I visit with God early in the morning.  My meditations and readings of His word shape my day.   My thinking is enlarged with this time with Him.  My imagination is ignited, and His pure thoughts challenge my thinking.
Sometimes just a word or phrase penetrate my soul.  For example, this morning I was studying the Psalms.  They teach me to worship and have awe for my Creator.  “Know that the Lord is God, and it is He who made us, and we are His; we are his people, the sheep of His pasture.”  (Ps.100)  
There is comfort and peace knowing He made us.  Last week so many of my loved ones had medical exams, testing, or test results returned from previous MRI readings.  Because of His word, I know that they are His.  He has their back and mine.  We are His people and His faithfulness endures forever. Today I am trusting in His faithfulness to these people He has put in my life.  
I pray.  I hope.  I trust.  God is with them because they are the sheep of His pasture. He protects them like the good shepherd He is. The rhythm of His words bring harmony to my soul.  His teaching enriches my understanding.  I can recall his promises while I wait in a hospital for my husband, my friend,  or my grandchild.  They are held in His hand and are protected by His love. 
My soul is enriched by gathering His words in my heart.  My focus is centered on Him, not on medical findings.  I trust in His love and His justice and His mercy.  Because I tarry in the mornings with Him, I am at peace and able to intercede for those I love.  Jesus hears and intercedes for them and me.  I will sing of His love throughout my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment