Thank you for stopping by my blog.

I write day after day because I discover extraordinary lessons from ordinary life experiences. I record my visual portraits of everyday life filled with something sacred in hopes that my reflections might bring an insight that blesses my readers.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Joy Shared Brings Faith To Others

One of the greatest joys of my life is talking about God with friends and family.  I yearn to hear their stories, their miracles, their memories of God.  The recounting of God’s works lifts my faith and helps me know the depth of God.
Yesterday, a former pastor and his wife dropped in for a visit.  They are 87 and 84  now and getting a little fragile.  They still have great God stories to share.  They shared how a pastor in town prayed and asked God to resurrect their son who was born dead and remained dead for twenty minutes.  They prayed.  They believed.  God answered.  They had used their faith to pray for a dead baby early in their ministry and knew God was big, really big.  The baby began to breathe again and both babies are grown men and in careers this day.  
Smith Wigglesworth was an evangelist in the early 1900s in England, United States, South Africa, and Australia.  He is one of my favorite Bible teachers.  He was an ordinary man used in an extraordinary way by God.  He spent many hours each day studying the word of God and praying and built up his faith , so he could expect miracles and know God would answer.  He had great faith in what God could do, and God did great healings and conversions through him.  There is documentation of him raising men from the dead at least twenty times.  He didn’t rest until he saw God move in the lives of those who needed Him.  He prayed fervently until a child was healed.  Yet, in his own life he and his wife had  a deaf child that remained deaf her entire life. Wigglesworth lost a young son and his evangelist wife to early deaths,yet he went on with his spiritual journey.   Regardless of these tragedies,he continued to trust God and be used by God to heal others.  As I read his  biography,  I realized a man who had complete trust and unwavering faith in God and lived by his favorite saying, “ Only believe.”
I desire to be unwavering. I want to be a yielding prayer warrior.  I hunger to know and understand God’s word.  I want to practice that word and encourage others. I fall short of all these goals, but I keep learning from others.  Life is short but grace is long.  I will continue my spiritual journey because of those who take the time to share God’s wonders, His miracles, and His love.
Do you have a God story you would like to share on my blog?  I would love to hear them and share them with others. You could add them to the comment section or be a guest blogger on Sandi's Impressions.  We all are faith builders because of what God has done in our lives.  I am looking forward to your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment